Need therapist to help marriage

Sorry my english bad. I immigrant. I come to Canada with my wife and small kids. I lose parent for dementia 4 years ago. She die. I have bad pain. My wife want to help me but I say no you can not understand. I feel pain inside every day. I go to work provide for my family. But I no want to lose temper at my wife and sons so I stay quiet alone. My wife stop talking with me for more than 1 year and no have sex anymore.

I do not no what to do? I can’t afford therapy. I try Jewish family counseling but bad experience and never go back to them. I live west end and no drive.

I scare my wife leave me because hard to live with me. I am mad sad and no talk with anyone. But I do not no how to deal with pain. I do not want people say I understand. That does not help.

I thinking to ask my wife to see therapy but where to find no expensive people? I need to save my marriage please



13 Responses

  1. Jaime Sharon Jaime Sharon says:

    Go to your local health center, they should have a list of pay scale therapists. So you only pay on a sliding scale based off what you make. Good luck!

  2. First step is admitting this pain. I would believe you are still grieving and don’t know how to deal with this grief. There are therapists who work on a sliding scale. Check with your work they may have a program in place as well and it may be cheaper.
    Talk with your wife. Tell her why you are in pain. She may be able to help you through the grieving as well. Get closure. It’s hard when you don’t understand the disease. Read a little about it. Call 811 or go to any health care facility they can help as well.

  3. Sandra Wells Sandra Wells says:

    I hope you find the help you need! Good luck to you!

  4. Please contact Kells Counselling and as for an appt with Farzad. Pay the $, they use sliding scale., but it will be WORTH every penny!

  5. Tammy Calvin Tammy Calvin says:

    Contact Catholic Social Services

  6. Nichole Anne Nichole Anne says:

    go and talk to your doctor. they can refer you to PCN which has therapists. It is free. It does take a bit longer to get in with them (about a month) but the wait is worth it.

  7. Jen Pratt Jen Pratt says:

    It sounds like you are suffering not just from grief, but depression too. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s pretty common. Try speaking to your doctor and get a referral.
    I wish you the best.

  8. Start with your doctor. I know it can be difficult, especially for men, to open up. But just do it. Tell your doctor and be honest. It is confidential, there is no judgment, you will be put on a path to healing, and know that your doctor has heard worse things. So, take a deep breath and do it today! Merry Christmas. 2018 will be better!

  9. Talk to your friends who you trust.

  10. There are also free therapists if you google “free therapist Edmonton” and you can find some there!

  11. You can go to University hospital, Psychiatry Outpatient Department. You don’t have to pay for that. they will evaluate you and you can start therapy with one of the therapists there. University of Alberta Hospital
    8440 112 Street NW T6G 2B7
    Phone 780-407-6501

  12. Jenna Piper Jenna Piper says:

    The family center downtown

  13. Alberta mental health and 211 has a short term program where they come to your house for the sessions


Join the Discussion!