Any Sexual Assault Attorney’s for Pro Bono?

I’m an adult female victim of childhood sexual abuse. It’s been reported and an investigation has been ongoing for about a year or so. It has not been taken to court as of yet but hopefully soon.

I would like to sue the perpetrator for any or all of the following:

  • Compensation for pain and suffering
  • Future income loss
  • Dimunition of earning

The only issue is I don’t have enough money to afford a lawyer. So I wondering what my options are and if there’s anyone that would be able to recommend an attorney or if there’s anyone that would want to volunteer.




30 Responses

  1. Michael Orr Michael Orr says:

    Lots of lawyers will give you a free consultation and if they believe you have a case they will work free until the matter is settled. You just need to make some calls.

  2. I hope you get all you deserve but check in with a therapist to see if this will actually bring you any closure. Winning a civil suit doesn’t necessarily mean it’s collectible either.

  3. Look in Alberta for the Victim Compensation Board. I know they have one in Ontario (for crimes that took place there) but I’m not sure about here.
    Feel free to pm me if you like and I can give some more information

  4. Tina Jarvis Tina Jarvis says:

    Hi i have been in the same position and I am happy I went an took this course they were very helpful and I believe they can help you in your situation Contact Lives In Transition they will be able to help you out.

  5. All the best for you moving forward. I hope you may find peace as well as compensation.

  6. Please apply for victims financial benefits of crime edmonton. They have resource information and you can also apply. They go by a point system when it comes to paying victims out. I got stabbed last year and i received a huge lump sum. They will also pay for counseling. If you have a criminal record you will not qualify tho.

  7. Get legal aid. But stay away from Laurie Cunningham.

  8. I have a close friend who is a male, he was a victim of child sexual abuse as well as his siblings. We went to the police to rule a report and they said that we can’t file one because there’s no “proof” since it was a long time ago. He was very very upset, because it seemed as if it’s because he’s a male they just didn’t take it seriously. And the abuser is walking around free working as a “care giver”, probably abusing more vulnerable people.

  9. Your options are to ask victim services for compensation. Use the money they give you to file a civil claim. You didn’t need to list your gender in this post.

  10. Karen Mack Karen Mack says:

    how about loss of innocence and robbing you of your childhood?

  11. Talk to the lawyers see if any will take on the case where if you win they get a percentage. Some do this.


Join the Discussion!